Version 4.3 April 22, 2018
Multi-language support for all tools.
All tools now support the following languages:
- Updated IP geolocation mechanism.
- Some minor site updates.
Version 4.2.5 February 16, 2018
Minor site updates and bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug with the Your eBay Listings tool caching mechanism. Thanks to Nicole for bringing this to my attention.
- Some minor site updates.
Version 4.2.4 November 16, 2017
Your eBay Feedback bug fix.
- Fixed a rounding error with the "Average rating" stars, displayed under the "Detailed Seller Ratings" section of the Your eBay Feedback tool. Thanks to Benjie for bringing this to my attention.
Version 4.2.3 October 26, 2017
- All tools now always link to eBay sites using the HTTPS protocol, no matter what protocol the tool was loaded over.
Version 4.2.2 July 2, 2017
(Another) bug fix for the Category List feature.
- Fixed a bug which was causing feeds using the Category List feature to fail. Thanks for your patience!
Version 4.2.1 April 10, 2017
Bug fixes for the Category List feature.
Version 4.2 March 27, 2017
The Your eBay Listings tool has a new filter available.
- Added a "Listing Type" filter to the Your eBay Listings tool, making it possible to just display Auction or Buy It Now items
Version 4.1 March 24, 2017
The Category List feature has been overhauled, including bug fixes and improved performance.
- Fixed a bug where not all categories were displaying for some sellers
- This feature is now much more efficient, speeding up feed load times
Version 4.0 March 23, 2017
This is a major update of Auction Nudge, combining a large number of behind-the-scenes improvements with a website redesign.
The code that runs the Auction Nudge Tools has been completely refactored, improving performance and making it easier to add features moving forwards.
The new website isn’t just a fresh lick of paint either, all of the content on the site has been revised and extended. Most noticeably, the Customize and Help pages have been broken up into multiple pages, with more content and examples added.
- Every line of Auction Nudge code has been refactored
- Improved feed performance through an additional caching layer
- Website redesign
- Overhauled Customize section
- Overhauled Help section
Expect more tool features and improvements to follow!
Version 3.13 February 1, 2017
The "keyword" filter for the Your eBay Listings tool has been rewritten to allow for additional search operators, making this feature much more powerful. See the Help page for details about the search operators available.
Note – these changes are backwards compatible with the old OR (
:) operator that this feature supported, so snippets do not need to be updated.
Version 3.12 January 30, 2017
- All tools now use HTTPS images when loaded from a secure (HTTPS) page, which will eliminate any "mixed content" warnings or restrictions.
Version 3.11.7 November 20, 2016
Version 3.11.6 October 20, 2016
- Fixed a bug with the Your eBay Listings tool where usernames containing the star ('*') character were causing an error. Thanks to Daniel for bringing this to my attention
Version 3.11.5 August 23, 2016
- Updated translation script
Version 3.11.4 June 13, 2016
Version 3.11.3 March 24, 2016
- Fixed bug with IP geolocation mechanism. Thanks to George for bringing this to my attention.
Version 3.11.2 March 14, 2016
Version 3.11.1 March 11, 2016
- Your eBay Listings pagination improvements.
Version 3.11 March 09, 2016
- Released new 'Category List' option for the Your eBay Listings tool. This displays a list of categories above the items which can be used to filter by category. The list can either be a standard dropdown, or fully customized using CSS. More information is available on the Help page.
- Small improvements and bug fixes
Version 3.10.4 February 29, 2016
- Happy Leap Day!
Version 3.10.3 February 25, 2015
- Issue resolved with Your eBay Listings tool. Thank you for your patience.
Version 3.10.2 February 25, 2015
- Switched to alternative data source as a work-around to get Your eBay Listings tool working due to an error with eBay's data feed. This may mean that some tool features may not function correctly or may produce an error.
Version 3.10.1 November 25, 2015
- Updated date format for the Your eBay Feedback tool 'Basic table' theme to show "X days/hours/seconds ago" to be more consistent with other tools. Thanks to Staunch for bringing this to my attention.
Version 3.10 November 13, 2015
- Improved Auction Nudge server request performance by moving all theme style sheets to S3 server
Version 3.9 November 07, 2015
Version 3.8.1 November 06, 2015
- Fixed an issue with back-end caching mechanism
Version 3.8 November 02, 2015
The Your eBay Ads tool has been retired. All existing snippets will continue to function indefinitely, but the ability to create new snippets has been removed. This means that users who are already using the Your eBay Ads tool will not notice any disruption in service.
After being added to Auction Nudge a little over a year ago, the decision has been made to remove the Your eBay Ads tool. During it's lifetime, the tool has unfortunately proven itself to be ineffective at converting website visitors into eBay sales.
To give some perspective on this, during my analysis I found that the Your eBay Listings tool on average has a CTR (click-through rate) 1250% higher (yes, you did read that right) than the Your eBay Ads tool. This means that by switching to the Your eBay Listings tool you are over twelve times more likely to have one of your website visitors become a potential buyer on eBay.
As Auction Nudge has always striven to help sellers promote their eBay items, I could not ignore this poor performance and decided to retire this tool. As well as converting more sales for users, this will also help me focus my time and resources elsewhere, so I can continue to improve Auction Nudge products.
This decision was not made lightly, and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
All existing snippets will continue to function indefinitely. It is only the ability to create new snippets that has been removed. This means that users who are already using the Your eBay Ads tool will not notice any disruption in service.
As of version 4.3 of the WordPress plugin, new plugin users will not see the Your eBay Ads tool. Existing plugin users (i.e. you have previously used one of the Auction Nudge tools in the WordPress install) will be able to use the Your eBay Ads as before.
This will be handled by the plugin like so:
- Existing users of the plugin will be able to use the Your eBay Ads tool without change
- New plugin users will not see the Your eBay Ads option when using the plugin
- All users who do not upgrade past version 4.2, or chose to downgrade to 4.2 will be able to use the Your eBay Ads tool without change
A Better Alternative
If you are looking to promote your eBay items on your own website, I highly recommend using the Your eBay Listings tool. Since Auction Nudge started in 2008 this tool has always been the main focus. Some benefits include:
- More sales for you – using the Your eBay Listings tool means you are over twelve times more likely to have one of your website visitors become a potential buyer on eBay compared to the Your eBay Ads tool.
- Responsive – this tool now features a responsive theme, which means your listings will adapt to best suit the area they are displayed it (for example in a sidebar or main content area). This also includes differences in devices, screen size or orientation.
- More features and options – view all of your items over multiple pages, control how your items display using themes and display large item images.
Version 3.7 October 29, 2015
- Due to an unforeseen issue with the eBay data source which powers the Your eBay Feedback tool, the Show X Entries option is now limited to a maximum of 5 entries (was previously 25) and the Feedback Type option has been removed.
Code snippets do not need to be changed and where these options were in use the following behaviour will now occur:
- Show X Entries – If a number over 5 was specified, only 5 feedback entries will now display
- Feedback Type – No matter which option was previously selected ("Feedback received as a seller", "All feedback received", "All feedback left for others" or "Feedback received as a buyer"), the feedback entries returned will now be "All feedback received"
This was not a planned change and I apologise for this reduction in features.
- Increased cache time for Your eBay Profile tool to 12 hours to better optimise resources
Version 3.6.7 October 28, 2015
Version 3.6.6 September 07, 2015
- Improved eBay data request efficiency
Version 3.6.5 May 19, 2015
- Minor CSS fixes for Your eBay Profile Grey Star theme
Version 3.6.4 April 15, 2015
Version 3.6.3 April 11, 2015
- Fixed bug where some HTTPS assets were incorrectly loaded over HTTP. Thanks to Justin for bringing this to my attention
Version 3.6.2 April 08, 2015
- Small fix for Your eBay Listings 'Responsive' theme
Version 3.6.1 April 06, 2015
- Small fix for "right now on eBay" logo image size
Version 3.6 April 01, 2015
- Further performance improvements – added additional back-end caching layer
Version 3.5.1 March 26, 2015
- Performance improvements
Version 3.5 March 24, 2015
- Released the Auction Nudge Blog
- General site layout and navigation changes
Version 3.4.1 March 04, 2015
- Fixed a bug in the Your eBay Feedback 'Profile Table' theme where the incorrect user role was displayed. Thanks to Thomas for bringing this to my attention
Version 3.4 March 04, 2015
- Created new 'Responsive' theme for Your eBay Listings tool. This theme responds to the area it is displayed in and adjusts the layout accordingly, great for sites with different layouts depending on the viewing device.
- Increased resolution of "right now on eBay" logo image for retina displays
- Updated Customize page
- Updated Help page
Version 3.3.1 January 20, 2015
- Updated Examples page
Version 3.3 January 16, 2015
- The Auction Nudge website is now responsive, meaning visitors viewing the site on a mobile device will see a mobile optimised version of the site
- Updated WordPress plugin page
Version 3.2.1 January 08, 2015
Version 3.2 January 05, 2015
- The Auction Nudge website is now automatically served over HTTPS. Code snippets still automatically load HTTP or HTTPS to match your site. More information here
Version 3.1.2 December 19, 2014
- Resolved issue with Your eBay Feedback tool where some feeds were not loading. Thank you for your patience while I worked through this issue.
Version 3.1.1 December 19, 2014
Version 3.1 December 17, 2014
- Reduced cache time on all tools, meaning feeds now update more frequently. Cache times are as follows:
Cache-Controlheaders now set on a per-tool basis, further increasing page load performance
- Updated Help page cache section
Version 3.0.1 December 17, 2014
- Fixed a character encoding issue with the Your eBay Listings tool pagination. Thanks to Barry for bringing this to my attention
Version 3.0 December 12, 2014
Auction Nudge 3 released! This is a major release which contains some of the most requested features since the tool was first launched back in 2008. Most notably:
- Pagination – there is no longer a limit to the total number of items Auction Nudge can display using the Your eBay Listings tool. Each page can show up to 100 items at once, if you have more listed "Previous" and "Next" buttons will allow users to navigate through multiple pages. Use the Show multiple pages? option to enable this feature
- Larger images – Your eBay Listings item image sizes can now be increased up to 500px x 500px using the Image Size option. Previously the maximum was 140px x 140px
Other updates and improvements in this version:
- New 'Profile Table' theme added to the Your eBay Feedback tool. This displays a user profile overview, as well as feedback and ratings overviews
- Bug fixes and general improvements to the Your eBay Listings 'Carousel' theme
- Small presentation tweaks to the Your eBay Listings 'Images Only' theme
- Table cell and image CSS alignment improved for the Your eBay Listings tool (only if using the new 'Image Size' option)
- HTTP caching mechanism overhauled, leveraging browser caching more effectively to greatly improve load times
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- General front-end improvements
- Updated Customize page
- Updated Help page
- Updated Demo page
There are more features and improvements planned for future releases. Thank you for all of the user input, I take all feedback received on-board.
Version 2.9.3 December 11, 2014
- Fixed a bug with the Your eBay Profile tool where eBay Australia links were being malformed. Thanks to Greg for bringing this to my attention
Version 2.9.2 November 10, 2014
- Added "Open links in new tab?" option to tools
- Updated Customize page
Version 2.9.1 August 25, 2014
- Added eBay Switzerland support
Version 2.9 August 16, 2014
- Created new Your eBay Ads tool which displays your eBay items in an interactive banner using standard ad sizes
- Major update to Help page
- Created a new Customize page to help with modifying and integrating Auction Nudge with your site
- General site layout and navigation changes
- Updated Demo page
- Updated Reviews page
Version 2.8.5 May 30, 2014
Version 2.8.4 March 28, 2014
Version 2.8.3 March 01, 2014
- All items in the Your eBay Listings tool now display the amount of time remaining (Xd Yh Zm) instead of the end date to avoid international time zone issues.
- All item links generated by the Your eBay Listings tool now link directly to the item page and not eBay's hybrid landing page.
- Updated Reviews page
Version 2.8.2 February 12, 2014
- Migrated Your eBay Feedback theme images to HTTPS enabled URL. Thanks to Robert for pointing this out to me.
Version 2.8.1 February 02, 2014
- Code snippets now detect if your page is being served via HTTPS and load the HTTPS version of Auction Nudge if necessary
- Updated the help page, detailing how to update legacy code snippets in order to force the HTTPS version of Auction Nudge if required
Version 2.8 January 26, 2014
- HTTPS/SSL version of tools now available for sites (like Facebook) which require external scripts to be loaded over secure connection
Version 2.7.4 December 17, 2013
Version 2.7.3 December 04, 2013
Version 2.7.2 November 07, 2013
Version 2.7.1 November 01, 2013
- Fixed a bug with the Your eBay Feedback tool where usernames containing special characters were not loading feedback correctly. Thanks to Peter for bringing this to my attention
Version 2.7 October 31, 2013
- Fixed an issue where items with multiple options (multi-variation listings) would appear in the Your eBay Listings feed as duplicates. These listings will now only appear once in the feed
- Happy Halloween!
Version 2.6 October 27, 2013
- Added Reviews page which shows some of the many nice things Auction Nudge users have to say about the service
- Some minor aesthetic site tweaks
- Due to popular demand, the following improvements have been made to the Your eBay Feedback tool:
- The tool now allows you to specify how many feedback entries are displayed (up to 25) instead of the previous fixed value of 5
- The tool allows you to specify the type of feedback displayed, the following options can be chosen:
- All feedback received
- All feedback left for others
- Feedback received as a buyer
- Feedback received as a seller
- Updated Help page
- Featured Examples section added to Examples page
- A few bug fixes
Version 2.5.2 May 20, 2013
- Anti-spam tweaks
Version 2.5.1 April 18, 2013
Version 2.5 March 06, 2013
- Classified items bug fixed in Carousel theme for Your eBay Listings tool. Thanks to Mark for pointing this out to me.
Version 2.4.9 January 24, 2013
- Best Match sort order added to Your eBay Listings tool advanced options.
Version 2.4.8 January 21, 2013
- Another bug fix in Carousel theme for the Your eBay Listings tool.
Version 2.4.7 January 13, 2013
- Fixed small bug in Carousel theme for the Your eBay Listings tool. Thanks to Daniel for pointing this out to me.
Version 2.4.6 January 10, 2013
Version 2.4.5 January 06, 2013
Version 2.4.4 November 15, 2012
Version 2.4.3 November 11, 2012
- Fixed issue where some browsers did not render the $ symbol correctly.
- Added to Help page.
Version 2.4.2 November 06, 2012
Version 2.4.1 November 02, 2012
- Removed non-existent stylesheets from being loaded in feeds where an error occurred.
- Handle bug where sometimes eBay returns blank response.
Version 2.4 November 01, 2012
- Migrated Your eBay Listings tool from eBay API to eBay RSS.
- Reinstated filtering items by category feature.
- Removed eBay Poland from Your eBay Listings tool.
- Added "Buy It Now available" text on some Your eBay Listings themes when an item is listed as an auction and also has a Buy It Now price. This additional text can be hidden if required.
Version 2.3.5 October 29, 2012
- Added eBay Spain to all tools due to popular demand.
- If an eBay site is specified for the Your eBay Feedback tool, feed links will now point to the specified eBay site.
Version 2.3.4 October 27, 2012
- Fixed website asset compression bug which caused JS/CSS to not load temporarily :'(
Version 2.3.3 October 24, 2012
- Removed category filter feature due to increased server load. More information.
- eBay API model efficiency improvements.
Version 2.3.2 October 10, 2012
- Added information to Help / FAQ page about increasing the size of item images.
Version 2.3.1 October 02, 2012
- eBay API model cache tweaks.
- Help / FAQ page updates.
Version 2.3 September 26, 2012
- Updated eBay API model to increase response cache times for users who have had no active items for long periods of time. Read more.
Version 2.2 August 28, 2012
Version 2.1.1 July 02, 2012
- Allow exclamation mark ("!") in eBay usernames, thanks Darrell
- Fixed bug with special characters in eBay usernames
Version 2.1 June 20, 2012
A major update which adds the #1 requested feature and fixes the #1 queried bug (previously no work-around was available) Many thanks to everyone who got in touch, your feedback is invaluable!
- After many requests from users you can now filter items by category using the Your eBay Items tool. This is useful if you have items listed in multiple categories on eBay but only want to display those listed in a certain category on your site. What's more you can specify up to 3 different categories.
More help and information is available on the Help/FAQ page.
- Fixed Your eBay Profile bug where badges linked through to the eBay US site regardless of where the user is registered. This sometimes meant listings were not being displayed on the eBay US site. When generating the code snippet, a eBay site can now be specified.
Version 2.0.7 September 12, 2011
- Items listed in the US will now display the end date in US format.
- Fixed issue with eBay IDs which contained a dollar character "$".
- Performance improvements:
- Switched to CDN to host images used in themes.
- HTTP expires headers now sent to reflect API caching.
Version 2.0.6 August 09, 2011
- Migrated from eBay Shopping API to Finding API for Your eBay Listings requests.
Version 2.0.5 April 13, 2011
- Added 'Grid' theme to Your eBay Items tool. This theme allows you to specify the width and numbers of columns listings are displayed in.
Version 2.0.4 April 01, 2011
- Fixed issue with the "badge" Your eBay Profile theme where the time of day was not correct.
Version 2.0.3 March 24, 2011
- Auction Nudge now enables you to display your up-to-date eBay feedback on your own website. The Your eBay Feedback tool shows the 5 most recent feedback received and will update once more feedback is received.
- Auction Nudge now has support for more international eBay sites. The items can now be displayed from the following eBay sites:
- eBay UK
- eBay US
- eBay Canada
- eBay Australia
- eBay Belgium *NEW*
- eBay Germany *NEW*
- eBay France *NEW*
- eBay Austria *NEW*
- eBay Italy *NEW*
- eBay Netherlands *NEW*
- eBay Ireland *NEW*
- eBay Poland *NEW*
Version 2.0.2 March 10, 2011
- Fixed issue where some images were not displaying for items listed in the multi-variant format.
Version 2.0.1 September 07, 2010
- Fixed issue with eBay IDs which contained a period "."
Version 2.0 September 04, 2010
The Auction Nudge front-end and back-end have been completely re-written from scratch with not a single line of code copied from the original version. Using the Codeigniter PHP Framework I was able to work from the ground up and create a version of Auction Nudge that was much more powerful than the original version and also more flexible.
Although many many improvements have been made, some include :
- Addition of the 'Your eBay Profile' tool which allows users to embed information about their eBay profile
- Adding new options to the 'Your eBay Listings' tool
- Migrating to the eBay Shopping API
- More performance improvements, Auction Nudge now loads faster then ever!
- Fresh new website design with lots more help content
- Improved Demo and Examples pages
Version 1.6.1 June 11, 2010
- Server side caching - improves load time by 600%
- 'Columns' theme added
Version 1.6 May 22, 2010
- Back end code optimisations and a few front end tweaks.
Version 1.5.3 May 17, 2010
- Fixed problem with malformed URLs causing eBay "This listing has been removed, or this item is not available." error messages.
Version 1.5.2 April 07, 2010
- Fixed incorrect output of some special characters
Version 1.5.1 April 05, 2010
- Send compressed (gzip) output
- Send appropriate HTTP cache headers
Version 1.5 and before
Auction Nudge was first written in 2008 as a handy tool available on another, now defunct website. Due to it's success it was moved to it's new home here in 2009.